Saturday, December 09, 2006

Off to a good start this week, Pittsburgh went right through Cleveland 27-7. Bringing my overall record 35-30. Without much delay, the picks.


Oakland (+11) at Cincinnati

I'm laying the points, It will probably be cold and I think Oakland will be looking for somewhere to get warm. Aaron brooks will turn the ball over at least twice. This one won't be pretty when it's over.

Tennessee (even) at Houston

I'm taking the Titans on the road. They are simply playing better. The Texans are better than last year but I really think Tennessee has found something with Travis Henry and Vince Young supplementing the running game.

Atlanta (-3) at Tampa Bay

Atlanta finds another team with a struggling team and a young QB. Atlanta looks to get well and prepare themselves to save their season and get on a roll for the playoffs. I think they'll do enough to win.

Philadelphia (-1) at Washington

Jeff Garcia on the road, Jason Campbell has been playing decently. An improvement over Mark Brunell. I consider this a flip of the coin. I think Westbrook could have a big game but I'm taking the Redskins.

NY Giants (+3) at Carolina

I'm done with Carolina, especially with Delhomme out. Giants played well last week against Dallas. Carolina gave away another game against Philadelphia. Makes my pick very easy. Giants.

Baltimore (+3) at Kansas City

Kansas City is just a different team at home. Baltimore seems to be a little vulnerable. I do think Trent Green will need to make some plays though. I'm thinking he'll make just enough and the crowd will make up the rest.

New England (-3) at Miami

Miami has been playing well, and this is a mirror check for them. Are they just beating average to porr teams or have they really turned the corner. Remember they tried to fool us last year with a good finishing run. I'm not buying yet.

Minnesota (+1.5) at Detroit

I'm taking Detroit, No Chester Taylor means a lot of Brad Johnson. He won't beat anybody by dropping back 50 times. I can't believe I'm picking Detroit though and I'm giving up points. Crazy.

Indianapolis (-1) at Jacksonville

I'll pick Indy, I think their better, and the number is low enough that I'll lay the points. Jacksonville plays the Colts tough almost every time. I just don't think The Colts will lay an egg two weeks in a row.

Seattle (-3) at Arizona

I see no reason to pick Arizona. The number is pretty low. Seattle's been getting healthier. Edge James had a big week last week. He could have another. But Seattle will win and probably pretty easy.

Green Bay (+4.5) at San Francisco

I'm laying the points and taking San Francisco, the Packers don't really play the type of defense that they need to win on the road. I think Frank Gore will have a big day. The Niners seem to play better each and every week.

Denver (+8) at San Diego

I'm taking Denver. 8 is a big number. I think Jay Cutler will be better this week. He can't be much worse. Hopefully Shannahan let's him play a little more. I think SD will win the game, but it will be close as Denver's D keeps them in it.

Buffalo (+3.5) at NY Jets

I've been picking against the Jets it seems like every week. I'll do it again. I like the Bills defense more. The Jets don't seem to do anything extraordinary. I'll take the points maybe next week I'll be a believer.

New Orleans (+7) at Dallas

I'm taking the points in this one. This could be an offensive explosion. Drew Brees has the Saints offense in high gear, and Tony Romo has the same for the Cowboys. Dallas may win the game but I like New Orleans to cover.

Chicago (-6) at St. Louis

I'm laying the points and taking Chicago, I still got no faith in Rex Grossman however the way the Rams laid an egg last week. I just can't see the Rams righting the ship against the Bears Defense.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home