Thursday, December 07, 2006

Went 6-8 with my Sunday picks, missed the Jax/Mia game. For the record I would have taken Miami dropping to 6-9. Overall record going into week 14 is 34-30. Let's hope to rebound.

Cleveland (+7) at Pittsburgh

I'll be in attendance for this one, as Derek Anderson will get his first start for the Browns. The Steelers will be missing Hines Ward, Troy Polamalu, Cedric Wilson, and Ryan Clark. I still think the defense will confuse the young QB into a mistake or two.

This week's mini rant.

The BCS announce it's pairings this week and although I have absolutely no problem with Florida gaining access to the Title game. I do not like how they got access. I think it's fair to say, I believe Florida probably deserves the shot more than Michigan. Michigan already had there shot. What would happen if Ohio St woulf lose the rematch, you'd have Ohio St/Michigan splitting their games? That seems unfair to me. Then again this whole process seems unfair.

Florida played the hardest schedule, according to the computers. They won their conference. They did everything that was asked of them. But if you line up the two teams, and give the old smell test. I would pick Michigan to win on a neutral field. I think this results in the fact their are two vastly different things. Vote for the second best team or Vote for the team that is most deserving.

Inherently I think most of the time they vote on who's the best, followed by second and so on. But this last vote where Florida made up significant ground. I think they chose to vote against what they believe is the second best team in favor of a team they'd rather see play Ohio St or the fact they weren't interested in a rematch when there was a game they haven't seen played yet. What did Michigan do the last two weeks of the season to lose votes? Doesn't seem like the right thing to do. In college football until there is a playoff there will be always be arguments like these ones. For some reason the people who run it would rather it be decided by voters than on the field. Which seems to me to be ridiculous.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home