Saturday, December 02, 2006

Not a good start to the week, As Baltimore falls to Cincinnati dropping me to 28-21.

San Franciso (+7) at New Orleans

I'm taking the points in this one. I don't believe New Orleans is good enough to lay a touchdown. I think they are vulnerable to a good punishing ground game. That sounds eerily like Frank Gore and company.

San Diego (-6) at Buffalo

San Diego is the pick, I'm not thrilled laying the six on the road, but I just don't see JP Losman doing enough good things to win the game. The Chargers will find away to cover and march towards the playoffs.

NY Jets (even) at Green Bay

I like the home team in this one. The Jets don't do anything real well. I think the Packers are playing pretty good football. The Jets won't be able to run, the way the Seahawks did Monday night.

Minnesota (+9.5) at Chicago

I'm reluctantly taking Chicago. Minnesota isn't playing very well. I still don't trust Rex Grossman. He always seems like he's throwing terrible interceptions. However Brad Johnson is washed up.

Kansas City (-4.5) at Cleveland

I'm laying the points to the home dog in this one. Cleveland seems to be out of it since the Pittsburgh loss. They aren't very good against the run. Not a good combination for when Larry Johnson comes to town.

Arizona (+6.5) at St. Louis

I'm laying the points to Arizona, they look like a train wreck to me. Denny Green is a lame duck. They can't run. That means Matt Lienart will have to win this game by himself. I expect Stephen Jackson to have a huge day.

Indianapolis (-7.5) at Tennessee

Indy is the pick, as well as the Titans are playing. The Colts fire power will be too much for the young Titans. Tennessee should be able to run though which could allow for the home dog to cover. However I'm laying the points.

Detroit (+13.5) at New England

I'm taking the home team. I believe they'll be able to run with Maroney or Dillon and I think there passing game will be too slick for Detroit. Since they went with the field turf in Gillette the Lions won't even have a bad field to level the playing field.

Atlanta (+2) at Washington

Atlanta is the pick, I think Mike Vick will have a huge game and I just don't see how the Redskins will score enough points to win. They lost Clinton Portis, Jason Campbell will have to carry the offensive load. I just don't buy it.

Houston (+3) at Oakland

Oakland should not be favored in a game, and out of principle I will not pick them. They can play defense though. Houston should make enough plays offensively and Aaron Brooks will make a mistake or two to carry the day.
Jacksonville (even) at Miami

Tampa Bay (+7) at Pittsburgh

Bruce Gradkowski on the road, I'm taking Pittsburgh at home. They should be able to pound out a victory. If they don't there will be a lot of mustard seats the rest of the way. Tampa won't be able to run to win this game.


Dallas (-3.5) at NY Giants

I'm taking the points in this one. It seems every time you count a team totally out. They come up with a mind blowing performance. The Giants are getting some players back, and they handled the Cowboys fairly easily on Monday night a few weeks ago.

Seattle (+4) at Denver

I'm going with Seattle, they have their big guns back at QB and RB. I never trust a QB making his first start especially in a night game. Jay Cutler's lucky this one's in Denver, but a sluggish start he could wish he was back at Vanderbilt.

Carolina (-3) at Philadelphia

I'm taking Carolina, even though this is a good spot for them to lose. I just can't see Jeff Garcia winning this one with his arm. He can barely through it 15 yards downfield. Carolina needs this to rev up a big stretch run.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home