Thursday, November 16, 2006

Last Week's results were 10-6, not too shabby onto this week's picks

Washington (+3) at Tampa Bay. Jason Campbell gets his first start, and it's against the immortal Bruce Gadkowski. I think TB plays better defense, their at home and their bad QB has more than one start. I'm taking TB.

Tennessee (+13) at Philadelphia. Tennessee to cover, they have been playing hard plus Travis Henry could be in for a big game running. 13 is too large a number with the inconsistent Eagles to lay.

St Louis (+6.5) at Carolina. I like St Louis to cover. Carolina allowed Tampa to hang around most of Monday night. I think it will be more of the same from the maddening Panthers.

Pittsburgh (-3.5) at Cleveland. The matchups are bad for Cleveland. Look for Pittsburgh to win huge. They'll be able to both run clock and take big chunks through the air. As long as they don't turn the ball over they win easily. Cleveland is just too undermanned.

Oakland (+10) at Kansas City. I look for a huge day for Larry Johnson as Trent Green returns and leads KC to an easy victory over the hapless Raiders let by either Aaron Brooks or Andrew Walter on the road. A recipe for disaster.

New England (-6) at Green Bay. New England should win easy, GB plays hard but it won't be enough as Tom Brady will prey on that weak secondary and spread GB's D with receivers all over the place.

Minnesota (+3.5) at Miami. I'm taking Miami, they are playing better, they are at home, and Joey Harrington seems to be throwing less interceptions than Brad Johnson. The world is upside down. Life in the NFL is unpredictable. Although I'm attempting the impossible.

Buffalo (+2.5) at Houston. JP Losman on the road. I think Houston's playing at a higher level. No Willis McGahee. I'm taking the Texans.

Chicago (-7) at New York. Chicago going for the Big Apple sweep. Since they put the better New York team last week. I'm not going against them. The jets need to at least run to have a shot. I just don't see it. Da Bears.

Cincinnati (+3) at New Orleans. Take the over. Wrong column. No defense will be played. Cincy's reeling but I'm just not a believer in the NO. Take the points and Cincy.

Atlanta (+4) at Baltimore. Baltimore just snuck by Tennessee, but at least they won. Atlanta couldn't handle a punchless Cleveland. I'm taking Baltimore by default. They should at least show up.

Detroit (+2) at Arizona. I can think of no good reason to take Arizona. Which means they'll probably win. They are due for a good performance. It's been a long time since they played well. Detroit.

Seattle (-4.5) at San Francisco. Shaun Alexander will be back. Matt Hasselbeck won't. Shouldn't matter. Seattle has found it's groove with Seneca Wallace. I 'm taking the Seahawks.

Indianapolis (-1) at Dallas. Another shootout, another win for Peyton Manning and the Colts. It should be entertaining. But the Colts match up well with the Cowboys. The '72 Dolphins will have to put the Champange on ice for another week.

San Diego (+1) at Denver. I'm taking Denver, they should be able to slow down LT this week, and make Phillip Rivers beat them. I don't think he can with Champ Bailey taking half the field away. As long as Jake Plummer doesn't give it away. Denver should be fine.

New York (3.5) at Jacksonville. I'm going with NYG. I don't like the way Jax has been playing. They play great defense but I think the Giants will score enough to win.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home