Friday, November 24, 2006

Sorry for missing the Thanksgiving day games but I was busy eating turkey, for the record I would have taken Miami, Dallas, and Denver 2-1. Last week started 8-3 but lost the last 5 to finish 8-8. Season as of 11/24 is 18-14. Shall we get to the picks?

Carolina (-4) at Washington

Jason Campbell's second start, will not be as impressive as his first start. Carolina should pound away with it's front four and push Campbell into obvious passing situations. Not good for a young QB, and with the running game limited I see no other way to go.

Pittsburgh (+3) at Baltimore

This one will be a fist fight. I like Baltimore in a close one. They just seem to have it. They win games they used to lose. Whether it's McNair or not I don't know. Pittsburgh seems to be in quicksand the more they struggle the deeper in the hole they get. They can't afford to get behind in this one.

New Orleans (+3) at Atlanta

Atlanta is coming off 3 bad performances, NO is coming off 2 disappointing losses. In a shootout I like NO, however Atlanta being at home I'm going to lay the points. It's probably time for Vick to look all world.

Jacksonville (-3) at Buffalo

Jacksonville outworked the NY Giants on Monday night in a game that was never close. I think they'll have a bit of the Monday night hangover. Take Buffalo at home

Arizona (+6.5) at Minnesota

Denny Green returns to Minnesota, I don't like the way Minnesota has been playing, I'm taking the points and I'll hoping to watch Arizona throw all day to their wonderful recievers.

Houston (+5) at NY Jets

I'm taking Houston and the points, The Jets gave away last week's game against the Bears. I don't think they'll be able to handle the Texans WR's, leaving open a possible huge game from the immortal Wali Lundy. The Jets will play hard but they aren't good enough to lay the points.

Cincinnati (-3) at Cleveland

Cleveland's three best corners won't play. Chad Johnson has back to back monster games. Not a recipe for success. Plus Rudi Johnson kills the Browns. Browns will give the effort however they just won't be as in to it as they were in that heart breaking loss to Pittsburgh.

San Francisco (+5) at St. Louis

Frank Gore with two huge games in a row. St Louis comes off two underwhelming performances. I'm going with the hotter team SF. The Rams have really missed an opprutunity to steal this division away from Seattle. Now it's SF's turn to see if they can get in position to steal.

Oakland (+13.5) at San Diego

I'm laying the points, I can't see Oakland stopping LT Express, I can't see them moving the ball any better. Phillip Rivers has been impressive as a first year starter. To think they probably don't regret letting Brees leave considering the season he's having

NY Giants (-3) at Tennessee

With the Giants all beat up I'm taking the Titans at home and the points. Travis Henry is playing great, and they really have seemed to find something going in the last few weeks both offensively and defensively.

Chicago (+3) at New England

I'm laying the points to Chicago and going with New England. New England has played in games like this for the last 5 years. This is still new to Rex Grossman and the Chicago Bears. I wouldn't be shocked if NE blows them out.

Philadelphia (+9) at Indianapolis

Jeff Garcia on the road, Philly can't stop the run, neither can Indy. But at least Indy will try. Peyton Manning will bounce back and put it on the Eagles. I'm laying the points.

Green Bay (+9.5) at Seattle

I'm taking Green Bay to cover, Seattle isn't playing well enough to lay the points. Green Bay seems to play hard every week. I'm impressed with the first incarnation of Mike McCarthy's team.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home