Wednesday, September 30, 2009

After 3 weeks of the topsy turvy NFL Season. I'd like to check in on some my bold predictions that I made before the season. I located 4 teams I thought would improve and 4 that would slide.

Sliders
Tennessee Titans 0-3
Carolina Panthers 0-3
Baltimore Ravens 3-0
Miami Dolphins 0-3

Improvers
New York Jets 3-0
San Francisco 49ers 2-1
Seattle Seahawks 1-2
Cincinnati Bengals 2-1

I was flat wrong on the Ravens, but pretty dead on the other 3. the reason I picked these 4 were there margins of error to win games was too small. Flacco taking a leap in his second season has helped the Ravens avoid the pitfalls of the other 3. I think you can see the similarities between the teams. They run the ball and play good defense. Sometimes you can overachieve for a season but the following one you normally are not quite as lucky.


On the improvers. I loved the Jets off season. Knew they be force still remains to be seen if they can get to 10 wins though. The 49ers were so improved over the second half of the season and play in a week division. Seattle, just felt with Hasselbeck they would solidify, was wrong there. Cincinnati is too talented, and due for some good breaks.

Overall I think nailing 3 of 4 in each category was respectable.

Feel free to send in your first quarter suprises and disappointments.

1 Comments:

Blogger Todd said...

Suprised by the Jets sustained success. I never am too sold on a team starting a rookie QB. Suprised with all the turmoil going on in Denver that they galvanized and are 3-0. Lucky as that first win was the other two were solid W's.

Disappointed by the Steelers. The defending champs 1-2 at this point and no one expected that. Their lack of a run game makes their offense too predictable. Their defense seems timid with backup Safety Tyrone Carter in. And Houston every time I think they are about to make that stride to make them respectable they play games like against Jacksonville.

September 30, 2009 4:05 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home