Monday, December 08, 2008

The final pairings will be released, Unlike the BCS I have Oklahoma 1 and Texas 2. I'm not sure how I feel about this. I may need to adjust the quality win bonus. But, I'm happy with the way it turned out, also I believe that this method would encourage teams to play more challenging schedules. In the end the overall depth of the Big 12 being better than the SEC, by having 4 top 15 teams, trumped the SEC 3 in top 16 and allowed Texas to sneak past Florida. Oklahoma beat 5 top 25 teams this easily establishing the best bonus score of the year. In the top 16 only Georgia and BYU did not defeat a top 25 team. Here are the match ups.


1. Oklahoma vs 16. Georgia
8. Penn St. vs 9. Boise St.
4. Utah vs 13. Oklahoma St.
5. USC vs 12. Cincinnati
3. Florida vs 14. Georgia Tech
6. Texas Tech vs 11. TCU
2. Texas vs 15. BYU
7. Alabama vs 10. Ohio St.

Conference Breakdown
Big 12 4
SEC 3
MWC 3
Big 10 2
Pac 10 1
WAC 1
Big East 1
ACC 1

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home